Begun in 2003 as a church plant out of Granite State Baptist Church, The Journey Church is an independent church that interacts with the New England United Network and affiliates with the Baptist Bible Fellowship International. The Journey’s purpose, vision, and mission are wrapped up in one key statement: At The Journey, we’re traveling toward God, together in community, to serve our culture.
Our Values: These are things that we value and wish to be a consistent part of our church body, both in action and devotion to God:
- Beliefs - We value the authority and inerrancy of the Bible and the core doctrines that anchor our relationship with and devotion to God.
- Unity – We believe that Christ commanded us to be “one,” and thus value unity within the church, and the struggle that might be necessary in order to maintain it.
- Community - We value our church community, and we strive to make our cities and towns better through this community.
- Commission – We value the command of Jesus to take His good news to our world in His name.
- Service – We value serving as Jesus served, whether within the church or in our local communities.
- Compassion - We value the church as God’s key agent of change through truth, love, and compassion to those who need it.
- Diversity - We value those who may not agree with us as they encourage us to continue exploring faith and the communication of it.
- Conversation – We value and affirm the need for people, before believing in Jesus Christ, to discuss and ask questions related to faith.